Tuesday, January 19, 2010

because I love my Charlotte

This school year has been a breeze. Much unlike last year when I had two children in school. (kindergarten and preschool) My schedule for last year was drop off Charlotte at 8:00am and Aaron at 8:10, then try to run any errands I could while I only had 2 kids with me. But one of them was 2 and the other a nursing baby. We weren't fast at anything we did. Then it was time to pick Charlotte up at 11:00 and wait around at the school until 11:40 when Aaron was released. This was fine accept for the days of 100+ weather or when it was freezing, or raining. Luckily I met another mom, who quickly became my friend, and she happened to live across the street. She was kind enough to let us hang out for the in between time. This schedule wasn't torture like I thought it might be, but it did make my mornings very hectic!

Then when we moved across town it became even more hectic, and by the time summer was here I was DONE with rushing and driving all over town.

This year has been such a wonderful break. Aaron starts school at 7:50 at a school less than a mile away from home. Then I pick him up at 2:05, leaving the rest of my day MINE to do with as I please and letting me enjoy being a mother to 4 children, without the busy schedule that comes with it.

I have enjoyed it, Oh how I have enjoyed it!

Charlotte has already had 2 years of preschool and she already knew all of the things required to start kindergarten. Her birthday was just a day too late. Her preschool teacher even said that Charlotte was more prepared than some kids who would be starting kindergarten and that this was the first child that she was sorry to see wait another year to start school, as she usually recommends waiting a year for the younger kids. I felt confident that keeping her home this year would be just fine and she would still be ahead of the game when she started school the following year.

What I didn't think about though was the fact that she would be bored out of her mind at home all day with no one to play with but babies (in her eyes at least). She would come up with games to play and try to get Elsie, Jon, and Lila to play along, then get VERY frustrated when they wouldn't cooperate and usually end up screaming at them or getting her feelings hurt.

Right about the time I realized that she really did need more than I was giving her I also found out that you don't need to live in Clovis Unified to attend their preschools. I signed her up over Christmas break and she started when the break was over. I picked a school that my friends daughter is in and Charlotte LOVES it.

She is definitely a happier girl now.

My life however was become MUCH more hectic! I end up driving 30 miles a day just to take her to and from school, but it is worth is..........................................

........and summer vacation is only 5 months away!!!!!

here are the girlies on Charlotte's first day of school


Photobucket
(auntie tree, I know that hole in that garage door is driving you crazy!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Charlotte with my friend's daughter Kayln right before I left her. She wasn't even sad for a second.)

3 comments:

Diane said...

I am happy that Charlotte is happy, and you too, or course, are happy. Cuuuute outfits on cute girls!

Tree said...

Your girls, way toooo cute.
The look on Charlotte's grown-up face is sweet.
Driving 30 miles a day...you are a good mom.
Yes, the garage door...I'm going to sneak over there at midnight and fix it.

Brittany said...

You dress your girls so cute! I wish boy clothes could be as fun!