Saturday, June 15, 2013

On The Road

Strait from Elsie's graduation we went to pick Charlotte and Aaron up, then hit the road! We drove to  Kingman, AZ the first day, and pretty much drove strait there. We were all so excited to get there that no one really needed a break. We checked into our hotel, found some dinner and went back to swim before crashing for the night. The next day we drove to El Paso, TX and it was a very long day for me. I almost had to stop and take a nap, I was so tired, but we got some lunch and that woke me up and I was able to make it. That night while we were sitting in the pool we noticed lightning in the distance and then it started to rain. Since it was an outdoor pool I figured we better head in to be safe, but we had fun watching the lightning show from our hotel window. The next day was our final day and we couldn't wait to get to San Antonio! The drive seemed so long. We were so close, but so far away! The kids were amazing. I felt like kicking and screaming a few times, but they were troopers and no one cried or whined at all. I'm sure the snacks and new books and stickers helped, but they were truly wonderful kids. If it wasn't for their great attitudes I don't think I would have been able to keep calm myself! I only took a few pictures of the driving adventures. After that I just wanted to get there!









0 comments: