Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Artist


Clovis Unified celebrates Art in the month of March. Two pieces of artwork are selected per grade, per school and Aaron was one of the lucky ones!
He was very proud and wanted to look just like an artist.....so he tucked in his shirt and put on a belt. "So that I can look like an Art-Man!"


Here is his master piece, I especially love his hair.
I was helping in his classroom the day they painted these faces and I thought that maybe Art wasn't his strength....some of the other ones were really good.....but I guess I was wrong, maybe I just don't have an eye for good art!


He was so scared to talk into the microphone (he has yet to give a prayer at church, much less a talk) but he actually did it!!! He said "Aaron Cabiness, Kindergarten" and then took a huge sigh of relief when he was done. i was so proud of him that I made him a huge delicious Carrot cake that was better than I could have imagined. Seriously this cake was amazing. It just became our new favorite.


The Wall of Art.
If you want to see it in Person it will be hanging in the Clovis Unified building all year.
(I wonder if we will get it back?)


6 comments:

Marci said...

Congrats to Aaron! What an honor :-). I'm VERY impressed he spoke in the microphone as well...I think I would have been scared!

LaRee said...

Good job Aaron! Your a budding Art-Man...You should be proud. Keep up the good work!

lolomae said...

Wow Arron, you got your picture on the "Wall Of Art". way to go! You look sharp with your shirt tucked in and a belt on your pants.

life at mono lake said...

i liked how he signed his announcement. i could almost hear it.
how did he make the shapes in the blue bubble next to his head?
aunt mona

life at mono lake said...

i meant sighed after his announcement. i guess i should proof read more... :)

Brittany said...

I love that he wanted to look like an Art-man! Awesome little artist you got there!