Sunday, October 21, 2007

Funny and cute things

My kids always say funny things but this week there seems to have been an increase in them. Friday nights we have been having a pizza and movie night and this week (completely unintentionally) we watched Bambi. Well, on Friday and Saturday Nick went hunting with some guys in our ward. When we got to the part where Bambi's mother is shot the kids asked "What happened?" I said "She was shot." Aaron asked "Who shot her?" I said "some hunters" and then he said "Maybe it was my dad" in a very worried voice.

The other day Charlotte was trying on her princess costume for Halloween and I told her that she was the prettiest princess in the whole world. Then she said "Yeah, I'm the Mister Man Princess." Followed by "Mommy when you want to talk to me, don't call me Charlotte call me Mister Man Princess."


We have been trying to be like Jesus in our house so every time one of the kids does something good we write it down on a piece of paper which we hang on the fridge. The kids love it and try to do as many good deeds as they can. (One of the more brilliant ideas I've had as a mother!) So Aaron had just done a good deed and I told him that I was so proud of him and that I loved him very much. He said "Yeah, you love me because I am so good" I said "I am proud of you because you are good but I would love you even if you were bad." He looked up at me with surprise and excitement in his eyes and said "Thanks Mom!"

One more thing I had to add. Tonight at dinner Charlotte told me that her dinner was handsome yummy!

0 comments: