Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My bestest Charlotte


I love all of my children dearly and lately I have found an increasing amount of Joy in Charlotte.
The relationship between a mother and daughter is very different from a mother and son. I thought Aaron and I were as close as could be when he was three but Charlotte and I are even closer. It must be that I can remember being a three year old girl and can relate to her more. I get excited about baby dolls and tea parties and pretty dresses and bows but never really did about the trucks and balls and trains. I would be excited for Aaron but not excited with him.
Charlotte has changed so much in the past six months. She is truly developing her own personality and I love everything about it. She loves and looks up to her big brother and wants to be with him but doesn't want to be him. She loves to learn and go to school. She is a sweet and thoughtful girl. She loves to read, she loves to help her baby sister, she loves to help me cook in the kitchen and she has an answer for everything. She is great at bargaining but won't throw a fit if the outcome isn't her way (usually). She isn't scared of new places or people. On Sunday we were in Livermore visiting Nick's family and when we were at church she had no problem going to a new sunbeam class. I sat in the back of the room with Aaron, tears in his eyes at the thought of sitting in a chair next to new people, I watched Charlotte sing her heart out to the songs she knew and try her best at the ones she didn't. I was so proud of her and so happy for her that she has the courage to approach new situations with ease. I was plagued by being shy up through high school and by the looks of it Aaron will be too.
Another thing about Charlotte is that she is oddly aware of health for a Three year old. She always wants to know if the food she is about to eat is healthy for her and when the answer is no she won't eat very much. Even desserts. She has also recently become concerned about her teeth. At preschool today my friend Kelli told me that she was teaching about the letter T and gave each of them a little tootsie roll. I guess Charlotte took one bite then said "Now I'm going to have a cavity" and wouldn't eat the rest. After preschool we went to our ward's park play date and after eating some pretzels wanted to go home to brush her teeth.
Her new phrase is "Mommy, You're my bestest mom" always followed by a big hug and kiss on the lips, and the only reply I can find fitting "and you're my bestest Charlotte"
Charlotte is unique and wonderful and brings so much joy and happiness to our family. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with her.

2 comments:

Marci said...

This is so cute :-). I'm excited for Ella and Charlotte to meet!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow Michelle, she is a doll! I loved reading that about her, what an advanced 3 year old. She is definitely a little cutie! Oh - and ps - as I see how much Lance LOVES his binky I always think of your binky story with Elsie! At least Lance doesn't have much hair to pull out if he tried! ;)