Thursday, June 26, 2008

Footweary Soldier

My dad and his brothers went to Utah a couple of weeks ago to perform at a pioneer/independence day festival. I stole this clip from my cousin Chrissy. They used to play together quite a bit before my Uncle Steve moved to Texas. I miss watching then at various firesides around town. They have two Cd's of songs about our pioneer ancestors and I love them all! This one is about soldiers in the Mormon Battalion marching to the war with Mexico in 1847. They marched from Nebraska to San Diego, 2000 miles, which is the longest military march in U.S. history.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your explanation does the clip WAY more justice. You deserve this blog entry much more than I :)

Terri said...

Do you play guitar and sing also? :) What fun!
My dad sings with a group of his buddies. They do a lot of the Beach Boys and other timeless golden oldies. I miss being able to watch them perform.