Saturday, July 25, 2009

Twin Lakes

I have mentioned in previous posts that Nick enjoys backpacking. He only goes a couple of times a year but I know he would love to go once a month. On the fourth of July he and the guys were talking about a trip for the following weekend. I was only slightly irritated by this.....I know how much he loves it, and there really wasn't any reason why he shouldn't go.

But then I had an idea...what if I went too!

the irritation faded away

Preston recently dislocated his ankle (ouch), so I knew the group would be going a little slower than usual and I felt like I could probably keep up.

Nick didn't seem to mind :) so I got a sitter (Ali) and I went a long!

Some other wives came a long too and we ended up with a group of 10!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

all the wives

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

on the way up I got a mosquito bite on my hand that made it swell up. I made the mistake of taking a benedryl which did not take the swelling down but did make me very tired. I spent a couple of hours in our tent the next morning trying to recover.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a really great time. I wasn't even the last one up the hill! If I can work it out with sitters I would like to go much more often.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Twin Lakes!
It is so glorious up on the top of a mountain
in the morning and nothing like a beautiful
campfire at night.
Aunt Tree

PS Try bug spray before you start up the hill.

Marci said...

What a fun couples get away! Mike and I just went on a date without any kids last night and even a few hours was nice...let alone a few days. And you got exercise in too :-)! It looks beautiful there!

Brittany said...

That looks like so much fun and such a beautiful place to backpack to. I love your pictures.

Diane said...

I love backpacking in the Sierras. It takes you to remote places that cars and people haven't impacted. Twin Lakes looks beautiful. Have you been to Star Lake? Your trip looks like a lot of fun!

aLi said...

the picture taken of you guys around your campsite from way above amazes me. I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but I picture someone up in a tree with a camera haha

michele cabiness said...

There was just a really big rock/boulder that Nick climbed up to take the pic :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hike! I love hikeing to a high Sierra lake with everything I need on my back. So Cool. I didn't see any pictures of fish. What's up with that?
Living in Texas, I do miss the Sierras, any mountain for that matter.