Wednesday, March 17, 2010

it's about time

I'm not very good at remembering to take before pictures but here are a few from the past few months.

The picture from Christmas time actually looks alright, but don't let it fool you.


Photobucket

This is a better representation of how our living room looked.

Photobucket

When we bought our home I had to pick out all of the paint colors before I could really spend anytime in the house and get a good idea of the lighting in the rooms and what I was working with. All of the colors in the bedrooms worked out perfectly, but the living room was a different story.

I ended up matching paint to Stephanie's living room (which I love), but when the paint started going on the walls I started to panic. It looked like a pale mint green and not the beautiful blue I had envisioned. But what could I do? I had about 10 people in my living room with rollers and brushes is hand......not to mention the fact that we were moving in 48 hours and it had to be done NOW.

Nick saw the look on my face and assured me that "We can repaint it later"

Once the paint was all on it looked more white than mint, but I still hated it.


I borrowed a sample from Stephanie of the exact color in her living room, but it only looked gray on my walls. I brought home hundreds of samples and for the better part of the year we have had paint swatches rotating walls around the room. Nothing ever seemed right though and by this point I became scared to pick more paint for fear of another dreadful color and more money down the drain.

My aunt Theresa finally came to my rescue. She picked up three of my swatches and bought sample cans of paint.

I finally got excited to try again.


Photobucket
during

Photobucket

and after

these after pictures were taken in the evening so there is a lot of yellow in the pictures, I like the actual color better.

Photobucket

I love it and now I feel silly for being so scared to paint again.

We still need to figure out the flooring issue and put up new base boards and molding.......but for now I'm happy with it.

_______


Now, to make myself feel even better about my new room, I am posting pictures of what the house looked like exactly one year ago. (We moved in this coming weekend last year)

Photobucket

Photobucket



5 comments:

Diane said...

good job! looks beautiful! getting out the old 'before' pics is always helpful...makes you realize it is all worth it.

Chrissy said...

Looks so warm and inviting...

Brittany said...

I love it!

Marci said...

It's amazing what you guys have accomplished in a year! Especially with all your little kiddos to take care of too. I love the new color, it feels nice and warm!

Grama Peechee said...

Michele, you work so hard to make your house such a wonderful home. Good job sweety!