Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 5

On our last full day we decided to go explore an area that was new to us. We heard that it was just a little walking trail around an inactive volcano and thought it would be a fun way to kill time before dinner.

Little walking trail was an understatement... it was a hike!

It was fun and it wasn't a hard hike, but we weren't prepared. Charlotte and I were wearing flip flops! It took way longer that we thought it would and dinner was pushed back about an hour.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lila was way too slow and spent her time either on Nick's shoulders, or my back. Not the most comfortable way to hike when it got steep, but we made it work.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket

After dinner we started packing up what we could to help prepare for our long drive home the next day. We were able to leave the next morning by about 10 am, which I was
impressed with. I was a little worried about packing the van all by myself (Nick packed it for me the night before we came) but I managed to get everything back home! We were sad to leave as always, but Daddy was waiting for us at home which gave us lots of motivation to get back.

It was a fun year, I'm glad I went ahead and took the kids without Nick, and as usual, we are already looking forward to next year and hope that everyone can come!

0 comments: