Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hat Creek 2011 Day 1 !!!!!!

We were very sad when we realized that Daddy wasn't going to be able to make it to Hat Creek for our annual camping trip this year. We knew it was a possibility and I had already decided that we were going to go weather or not he did, but it was still very disappointing. Aaron even said "If daddy can't go, then I don't want to go either." I convinced him that we would have more fun at camp without dad than at home without dad, but it was still sad.

Instead, we did the next best thing and brought another Nick with us! My brother was a huge help to me. He hasn't been camping with us since Charlotte was a baby and I was so happy that he came! Especially since that meant I had another driver!

We left very early in the morning and found this fun park to stop at and eat our breakfast in Modesto.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Notice how none of their feet are actually touching the ground in this picture?)


Photobucket

We stopped again near Redding at a rest stop to eat lunch and watched a car catch fire! Then, after only 7 1/2 hours (our new record time!) we were finally there!!!

The first time I went was 9 years ago. All of Nick's cousins are much younger than him and his sister Charity, and they would spend as much time as possible in the water. Our kids are just about at that same age now, and they wasted no time getting in!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Without Nick there to help this year, I didn't take near the pictures I usually do. (which has made it easier to sort through) I spent the rest of the day setting up our tent , and getting ready for the week, visiting with family, and most importantly making sure Lila stayed in sight! That alone was a full time job!

2 comments:

life at mono lake said...

great post and great pics! i know what you mean about pics to put up. where did i find the time (or patience) to put up pics on blogger? face book is a million times faster by the way! anyway, at least there is an edit option on blogger. you might want to edit your title from 2001 to 2011. unless it is a space odyssey, ha ha
love ya
hope to see you some time
love aunt mona

michele cabiness said...

I'm sure facebook is faster... but I can't make a book out of it at the end of the year! Also, thanks for pointing out the typo!
-chele