Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We are the champions

Last weekend Nick entered a rock climbing competition. I fought it. I thought he could spend his time much more wisely considering his truck is broken. He has never even gone climbing outdoors and couldn't possibly win. He disagreed and entered anyway.


The competition lasted three hours. I could only take 30 minutes of it. Climbing competitions are boring. The kids and I went to Denny's with aunt Theresa.



We came back in time to hear them announce the winners.


You can imagine my surprise when they announced that Nick took first place in his division. His prize was a night in a deluxe room at the Piccadilly Inn. Although his truck is still broken, I will enjoy every minute of our night away from home.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats Nick! Michele, Michele, Michele...climbing comps are fun! You just need to get into it, and not bring the kidlets. Preston didn't do so well at this comp, he got 5th in his division.

Rachel said...

Whoa! 5th in my division is 5th overall out of nearly 50. Let's give credit where credit is due...

Marci said...

Congrats! What a fun prize for you to enjoy too :-)!

Chrissy said...

HI MICHELE! ~so, I also love rock climbing, although I am no good. Tell Nick congrats! and I'll link you to my blog now too! I'm so glad we can keep in better touch now!