Thursday, May 22, 2008

TIMBER!!!

Here is the huge tree that was blown down by the wind on our complex this week.

The kids and I had just sat down for dinner when suddenly the apartment started to move and we heard a noise so loud that I thought our building might fall to the ground. A few seconds later I realized it was just a tree and I felt silly, until we went outside and saw exactly how bad it was. I think the tree could have gone through the building if it had hit at a different angle.

These pictures don't really do the tree justice. My neighbor's balcony was ripped off!

Our BBQ and fish tank (empty- thank goodness) were broken when our rain gutter was torn off by a huge branch, but amazingly no one was hurt and no cars were crushed.

3 comments:

Marci said...

That is so scary! How lucky that now one got hurt!

Terri said...

Glad noone was hurt. Sorry about the fish tank and BBQ though. The biggest thing to blow into my yard was a patio umbrella. I found out today, during Relief Society, that it was Lisa Noyes umbrella. :)

Peechee said...

Hi Honey,
I just did my weekly check of the blog and was looking at "Things I Like" and noticed that Twilight was not on there. Do I need to find someone else to go with me on Saturday :)? Just kidding...I'm up for going early.