Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarden

My baby went to his first day of Kindergarden today. I remember holding him in the hospital and being excited for the day when I could talk to him. Now he is off in someone else's care preparing to learn to read. Time goes so fast. It really hit me today how grateful I am to have been able to be at home with him through the first 5, almost 6 years of his life. I really haven't missed a thing. Lots of people have asked me if I would cry on the first day and I really didn't think I would, I was mostly just excited for him. Then a few days ago I did cry a few times. He is not a baby any more. He is quite the independent boy.

Charlotte also started pre-school this morning and they were both so excited. We picked out their clothes last night and they woke us up at 6:30 this morning fully ready asking if it was time to go. Charlotte was all smiles and couldn't have cared less when it was time for us to leave

We had to call her back over to say goodbye.


Aaron was a bit more reserved than his sister but he said that he was very excited and only a little bit scared. He went into the classroom without hesitation.









I can't wait to pick them up and find out how their first day was!

3 comments:

Marci said...

How fun! Ella starts preschool next week and we are both sooo excited :-). It will be nice for you and Elsie to have some one on one time before the new baby comes!

Grama Peechee said...

You know, it seems like yesterday when I took you to your first day of kindergarten. You were soooo shy. In fact every morning of that school year was an ordeal pealing you from my neck to get you to go into the classroom with the inevitable question of "Mommy, do my eyes look like they were crying?"

Brittany said...

You're kids are so cute how excited they are for school! It's probably nice having time to do things with just Elsie around, at least for 2 more months :) I'm excited for you to have another baby and curious to know what you end up naming her, since I love the names you've already used for your kids.