Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pregnancy post

I just realized that this new baby hasn't received much publicity. I guess it's because I don't really like people asking me too many questions about being pregnant, especially as I near the end. I can't say why that is, but for some reason I just don't want to talk about it. I think really I just don't like telling people over and over again "No, I still haven't had the baby." But I am beginning to feel like I am leaving this baby out. I do have some ultra sound pictures but we have a new scanner that I can't figure it out and Nick isn't home so this picture of the both of us will have to do. As you can see the baby is growing nicely. I measured 30cm at my last appointment and I am 30 weeks pregnant so that's perfect. Everything is normal and looks great. My due date is October 31 so I only have about 2 more months before she is here. We do have a name picked out, but again for an unknown reason I don't feel like posting it here. Besides we may change our mind. We have never really been 100% sure until the baby is born.
I reached my all time high weight last month and was quite unhappy about it, but haven't gained any more since then. However I know that I will inevitably cross over into that uncharted territory on the scale. I have (since last month) been very conscious of what I eat and it has paid off (for all you worried people,the baby is still growing, just not me!!) I went with Nick to the gym once and rode a bike for 45 minutes. But even with the resistance set to zero I still had mild contractions the whole time. I figured I shouldn't be doing that right now. I hope anyone interested won't be scared to ask me pregnancy questions now. Ask away, I promise I won't get mad. Just don't call me the week before I'm due and ask if I've had her yet!:)

8 comments:

Marci said...

You are look so cute! Seriously :-)! (I could feel you not believing me as I wrote that) I'm excited to find out the name too!

Grama Peechee said...

Don't worry about the weight. It'll come off like it always does. I already love my new grandbaby! You know this means 3 matching girl outfits for Christmas!!!

Tiffany said...

You look great! I was way bigger with Sophie. I gained almost as much weight with Sophie as with triplets-sad, huh? The sacrifices we make.

Boydston Family said...

you can't bicycle off the weight inone sitting. Crazy girl!!! You look great. I'll send you pics of me if you want to feel better about yourself.

life at mono lake said...

iadont know why everyone is mentioning weight. you are with child. you look fab. i just wish i had a baby in there for some sort of excuse for my tummy.
if anyone gives you shit about theababy name, tell them in a deadpan face that her name is edwina. that will shut them up.
mona

Chrissy said...

Hey Michele! I can't believe baby numero quatro is on it's way!!! how exciting! I like your blog photo too! Is that a Davidek one too? Isn't she amazing?! I cropped mine down like yours too... it definitely looks better that way ;)

Also, do any of the other cousins have blogs yet? I have been waiting for those Freeman girls to get theirs up and running... looks like no such luck... :(

Terri said...

Michelle, you are such a beautiful mommy! Promise... I wont ask about the baby until I see her in your arms. :)

Rachel said...

You look great! I am almost as big as you and I am only 20 weeks! P and I have been duking it out over a name again, I wish we could decide!