Friday, January 30, 2009

Temper Tantrum of the Year!!

And the Award goes to......


Charlotte

( I just love that picture!)

I was going to let her come to a baby shower with me. All she had to do was clean her room with the help of Aaron and Elsie.

Yes, the room was quite a disaster, but I was offering constant direction.

First task - pick up the baby dolls. Easy enough right?

Apparently not.

Aaron jumped right on it, but little miss Charlotte wasn't happy with the way that he was putting the dolls away so after yelling and whining for him to do it her way without success, she relieved him from the job. "Fine, then I'll clean it by myself Aaron. Get out of here!"

He wasn't disappointed.

Let's face it, Elsie is really no help at all, so now she was on her own with a huge mess (still hasn't actually picked anything up herself). I knew that this was a seemingly impossible task for a small child so I offered some help. All she had to do was pick up those baby dolls and I would go in and help her.

She picked up one Snow White baby doll then proceeded to scream/tell me "I don't want to clean my room" 150 times.

I reminded her that if her room wasn't clean she would have to stay home.

She then scream/told me "I don't want to stay home" 150 times

This can be very wearing on a person so I told her to take a nap.

She replied/screamed "I don't want to take a nap" 150 times

By now it was time to leave for the shower and her face was a red blotchy tear streaked mess (not to mention the mess still on her bedroom floor)

My heart broke a little for her because she really was so excited to come with me, but rules are rules and I'm a mean mom. I left her at home with Nick and she took a nice long nap for him. When I got home she had just woken up and was feeling much better. She told me that next time she would obey so that she can come to the next party.

And I have 3 of these temper tantrum throwing little drama queens?

Aaron has never done anything like that!

4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I'm glad you stick to your guns. When we had a baby Speen's grandma said her piece of advice is "say what you mean, and mean what you say," and I always think of that when I say something... so good job for meaning what you say!

life at mono lake said...

hilarious. hope you had fun at the baby shower
mona

Jessica Havican said...

That picture captures it all! Love it! Way to stick to your guns. It's great to see that you have such a good sense of humor even through the tantrums. :-)

Sara Freeman said...

That's an amazing picture. Btw, I loved your post about your camera a few weeks ago. Even shared it with a friend :)