Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of Pre-school

For Elsie's first day of Preschool I let her pick out the pink frilly skirt after she reminded me that Aaron and Charlotte both got new clothes for school but she did not. Ooops!
Her school started two weeks after the older kids started and she was sooo ready when it finally did.
It wasn't until I got to her school and I saw all the other mom's with their cameras that I realized that not only did I leave my camera at home, but I didn't even take any pictures of her on her first day! Horrible mother!! Then I found out that I was supposed to be Aiding in the class that day and my car battery decided to die all within 5 minutes! I thankfully got everything figured out thanks to lots of help from Shalee, Rachel, Christian and Ali. But I never did get a picture of her on her first day.
We dressed up in the same outfit a couple of weeks later though so here is our second attempt.

Photobucket

The school that she is going to is a co-op preschool. All the moms take turns teaching and aiding which cuts way down on cost, but it is still in a classroom instead of just in a home which makes it more fun for the kids. My aiding stint is over and I don't have to teach until January. I couldn't be more thrilled!! It really wasn't bad in the classroom, but finding someone else to take care of my other kids while I was there was a nightmare.

Photobucket
It was, however, fun to see how the school was run and to be there with Elsie for her first three weeks of preschool. I brought my camera the next day to try to make up for being a horrible mother the day before.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It really is a cute little preschool and I highly recommend it. There are only 7 little kids in her class and they have room for more, so if you live nearby and are interested let me know!

2 comments:

LaRee said...

Sooo cute!...love the pink frilly skirt...she looks so excited to be in pre-school.

Erica said...

Eva just started pre-school too. Only eight kids in her class. It's nice to have such a small group for the young age. Cute outfit!