Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Christmas time again!!

Well maybe not for the rest of you, but every year at this time I get so excited for the holidays and start shopping for presents!! I don't understand why people say things like "It's disgusting how commercial Christmas has become." or "They start putting out the decorations earlier and earlier every year" as if this were a bad thing. In my opinion this time of year is the best of all. I absolutely LOVE Fall. It is by far my favorite season. School starts, the weather cools, the fair comes to town. Then we get to dress up for Halloween and Celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not to mention ALL of our birthdays and our anniversary thrown in as well. I just get so excited I can't contain myself. I already have Aaron and Charlotte's birthday presents, Christmas presents for my sisters, and I've let Santa know what the girls would like him to bring. I've also begun shopping for the kids Christmas tree ornaments. (I have to buy 4 this year. Wow!) It has become very hard to pass the ribbon isle at Costco on my bi-monthly shopping trip without throwing some in my cart. Too bad I married the Grinch. I am slowly working on him though. Last year he didn't even try to reason with me on why we didn't need the biggest tree we could fit in our living room. He just grumbled something under his breath and grabbed the keys. Give me a few years, I'll have him loving every minute of it.

3 comments:

Yasmine said...

I'm with you on this. I complain about all the Christmas catalogs that come in the mail, but secretly I love browsing through them and picking out everyones gifts by Halloween.

Wedehase Family Blog said...

I think it's smart to start shopping so early! Especially since you have so many birthdays and anniversaries in the fall. If you waited until it was time, you'd be BROKE and not have enough money for any presents!

Whenever Jason and I are out shopping we are always looking for that random thing that pops out that would be a perfect gift for someone in our family. We basically shop all year long,too!

Grama Peechee said...

Oh Michele,I love this time of year as well. Everything starts right now. I just realized that we are a week into September and I don't have my Halloween decorations down yet. I'm gonna love having a tree in the new house. I have several options of where it can go, I'm sure I'll be asking for your advise.