Monday, May 18, 2009

Girls room

I guess this is the only before shot I took of the girls room. We ripped out the carpet and painted the walls. The girls really wanted a pink room. I knew that I couldn't handle too much pink so I decided to add a chair rail their room and paint the bottom pink and the top a creamy white.

Photobucket

This is a semi clean shot of the girls room. All of the pictures I have are of the same side of the room. I'll post more angles when the room is finished but for now here is a good idea of their bedroom. At first we had all 3 girls in here but it was just way too cramped, even with the two closets. So, sadly...our sewing room/office became a nursery.

Photobucket

The pink curatins that are hanging in these pictures have been taken down and are being replaced with white ruffley(sp?) ones. I also want to make some better curtain rods and replace the windows (someday).

Photobucket

Still left on the agenda: New base boards, chair rail, and crown moulding. Bed skirts. Head boards ( I really want to make matching white fabric headboards but I KNOW that they would only stay white for about 2 days. Any suggestions?) I am also realizing that I still need to hang pictures in here (the whole house really) I am thinking about attempting some silhouettes to hang above each of their beds.

Photobucket
More pictures will come with the progress.

7 comments:

Boydston Family said...

super cute!!! Did you guys put in the floor or was that under the carpet??? Can't wait to see more

michele cabiness said...

We just pulled up the carpet and it was just like that in most of the house!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Michele! Thank you si much for posting those pics. I agree that the floors are lovely. How lucky that all you had to do was take out that ugly carpet!
-By the way, you can get some vinyl that looks like fabric (easy to wipe off) for the headboards.
-Auntie Ren

Marci said...

LOVE it!!! I think the silhouettes sound like a great idea. I can't wait to see it all come together and see more of the rest of the house too!

Megan said...

Wow! you guys have some serious talent! Are you redoing every room?
It looks awesome and I know Kiley would love a room that looked like that! Great job!
Let me know how you have all that energy...what's your secret? : )

Anonymous said...

i cant believe the transformation
i love the wood floors. you guys have been busy!
keep up the great work.
mona

Melissa said...

totally cute!!! I am so jealous of your wood floors!