Monday, May 25, 2009

sewing bug

Usually when ever I finish a sewing project I put my machine away for at least a few weeks before I am ready to start another, but recently all I want to do is sew. The day after I finished the shirred top I saw this and wanted to try my own version of it.

Photobucket

This was the first sewing project I have ever done without using a pattern! It did take me a few hours but I love it and it fits Charlotte and Elsie. I didn't take a picture of the back but the ruffle goes all the way around and I used a single button at the top to fasten it so it hangs slightly open in the back. Perfect for the 100+ weather we were having last week!

Photobucket

The skirt I made a few months ago from a pink fig pattern with fabric I found at walmart for $3 something a yard.

5 comments:

shalee said...

You are so talented Michelle, I absolutely love that top.

LoRen said...

very cute. and elsie looks so pretty in the top picture.

LaRee said...

really cute top Michele, good job!

Anonymous said...

the top pic is my favorite. you could almost enter that at the fresno fair. have you ever thought about entering the photo contests? you should
aunt mona

Diane said...

I had no idea you were such a great seamstress! These things are adorable....and you have the cutest model in the world to show them off. Your mom sews beatifully, I am guessing you've gotten a few pointers from her :)