Wednesday, September 23, 2009

31

Nick turned 31 last week. Have you ever had an idea in your head and planned and prepared and thought it would be perfect? And then it turned out completely different?

After my brother's farewell party, which I really enjoyed, I decided I should have a party with our friends for Nick's birthday.

I don't think I will be doing that again.

At least not on such a large scale.

There were a few glitches that we couldn't prepare for......like Nick coming home late and not getting the BBQ started on time, and like my oven catching on fire and needing to use my neighbors oven (about 10 doors down) to bake the french bread. But over all I just miscalculated how many people (aka children) I can reasonably handle in my house at one time. I didn't even take out my camera.

I think everyone else had fun..... but I did not. Way too stressful. There were children running through the house, swinging swords, breaking toys, .....creating chaos.

Next time (if there ever is a next time) it will be ADULTS ONLY.

(Ahhhhhh........that sounds nice.)

Since I have no pictures of the night I will share our own little celebration at home with just the 6 of us.

I took the kids to pick out presents for Nick and they all picked the same thing....CANDY. I also picked up some Henry Weinhard's Rootbeer.


The kids hid his presents all around the living room and Elsie got SUPER EXCITED when ever he found one! (Probably because her favorite food was in each one of them)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After each present was opened Nick was attacked by candy hungry children. Nevermind the naked skin....it was hot that day.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Happy 31st Nick. I love you.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well you get an A for effort :) I'm sure Nick felt super duper loved, and probably all the more knowing it was stressful and you did it anyway. And, Happy Birthday Nick!

Erica said...

Nick and I are the same age. That is so nice that you threw him a party - even though it was so stressful.

Marci said...

Your kids are so cute...I love their little excited faces. And way to go on having 2 parties in a row :-)!

LaRee said...

I agree, you deserve an A for effort...Really cute pics of kids with Nick!

Don said...

Michele you are such a graceful host that I didn't really pick up on your stress level at Nicks party. You are not easily derailed...I love that about you.