Wednesday, September 2, 2009

bells are ringing

The Christmas bug bit my in July this year. A bit earlier than normal. I think it was the week of cooler weather we had, or maybe being excited to decorate a new house, but what ever the reason I have been planning Christmas presents for a while now. I started an advent calendar quilt that I am in love with and I even pulled out Lila's stocking that I started too late to finish by Christmas last year.


Photobucket

I'm not sure what happened. I used the same pattern but Lila's is so much bigger than Elsie's. I did add 4 extra stripes because it was a little hard to stuff all of the goodies in Elsie's stocking last Christmas, but the feet of the stockings aren't even the same size. The heels are completely different, but now I know that I did the first one wrong, though I kind of like it better. Maybe the purple yarn was bigger than the pink and green.

Either way I like them both and already have yarn ready to go for Charlotte's.

Nick's birthday is very soon and his starts off the birthday line up.

The fair is coming soon.

Halloween costumes are being planned out.


Photobucket
Oh, I love this time of year

5 comments:

Grama Peechee said...

I was just reading over some of your other posts and the comments people left for "I heart U". Just wanted to let you know that the endowment work for Grama has been done. Actually several years ago. I think Grama just enjoys being with my grandbabies =).

Chrissy said...

I love those stocking patterns! I don't understand how you have the time to do all this amazing stuff with so many little ones! Marci is the same way... I DON'T get it! Ya'll are incredible.

Erica said...

You are smart to plan ahead. I make all my Christmas gifts, and always wait until the last minute. This year I started in January, but have already given the gifts away for birthdays and weddings! Your stockings are cute.

Diane said...

Great stockings! You are one talented gal.

LaRee said...

I agree, very smart to plan ahead...really cute stockings!