Friday, September 11, 2009

He's Flown the Coop

My little brother has gone away to school. The first one to leave us. We had this party on a Monday. The Monday before he was attending the community college here in town, no idea that he would be moving across the country in just 10 days.

We still don't know how they got ahold of his name, but Southern Virginia University tracked Nick down and offered him a scholarship. How could he refuse.
(I'm sure it helped that his girlfriend is attending a school just 7 miles away)

We had a last minute going away party for him at our house 2 days before he left.

Photobucket

(so glad to report that the teal is officially GONE)

Photobucket

(can you see the new wall color that is on half of the wall?)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick's friends brought him a Snuggie and took the time to personalize the gift. So thoughtful.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The next day Nick got a manditory hair cut and we had dinner with just the immediate fam one last time.

Photobucket

Quite a difference.

Photobucket

This is the last picture I took of my brother. We went to say goodbye before they left.

Photobucket

See you at Christmas.

4 comments:

Marci said...

Oh, I LOVE that he got a snuggie :-)!!! You need to post some pictures of the progress on your house!

Diane said...

I love how any Freeman get-together becomes a BIG party...there are so many of them! It is great when you post these times because I get a chance to see all the family faces and feel like we were there too. Congratulations to Nick!

I'm with Marci, we need house updates!

LaRee said...

The going away party for Nick was alot of fun! Dons Tri-Tip was Delish!...love the last pic with Nick and the girls!

Brittany said...

Wow I had no idea! That's awesome for Nick to go away for school. I can't believe what a difference the hair cut made. And I miss those big Freeman parties with delicious food.