Monday, May 17, 2010

Seasons of Change

The older I get the more aware of seasons and change I have become. Life is beginning to feel like it is passing me by, and I try hard to find joy in the day to day. Which is why I love every season so much.


Change is exciting and it brings with is pleasant memories of seasons past. Each new season has so much to offer. Winter with Christmas, hot chocolate, a fire in the fire place every night. Spring has new growth, Easter, beautiful weather. In Summer we get out of school, take vacations, swim in the pool and enjoy long lazy days. And then there is fall, quite possibly my favorite of them all with beautiful colors, cooling weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving and of course my birthday!

I am especially loving spring this year, everything about it (claritin included) I love budding plants, singing birds, bright sunny days and even April showers. I love starting a garden, children playing in the yard, and longer days.

I don't think I have ever shared this here, but I have a burning desire to leave everything we have behind and live on a farm. We would have 10 more children, grow all of our own food, raise cows and chickens, make our own butter... if only we lived 200 years ago

In the spring this desire seems to haunt me more than usual. Every once in a while Nick and I daydream about buying a few acres and building a modest home, a barn, a decent sized garage for him and of course a landing strip so he could fly to and from work everyday.


We are in a stage of career uncertainty right now. While Nick's job is secure, he's reached the top and we aren't sure where we are going from here....... it keeps me dreaming.

5 comments:

LoRen said...

hmmm. do they have farms in china?

Marci said...

There are definitely things that sound appealing about living on a farm, I agree! It was good to see you briefly. Hopefully our next visit will be a fun one and we can chat more :-)!

michele cabiness said...

Lo- if they do that might seal the deal!

life at mono lake said...

oh chele you and i have this in common. i have always felt like i lived in the wrong century. i guess that is why i love living near bodie. if you come visit ( i am sorry i said before i wasnt sure about the room. shoot i will find the room, we can put them on the floor!) we can go to bodie and you can see why i love living here. i agree though, i would give it all up to live on the prairie, or a farm and my biggest worry was how that pie was going to come out, or if the foal was okay, or if there was enough wood for winter, or spending hours hiking to that spot where the wild onions grow. you may well understand me as well as you mama.
love you
aunt moe

Erica said...

You can do it! You can do it! Let's have neighboring farms. I will start you off with a few hens.