Thursday, September 23, 2010

Aaron's room makeover

When we bought our house Aaron told me that he wanted his room to be brown on the bottom and blue on the top so that he could pretend that his room was a boat. In a moment of forgetfulness I made an impulse decision and picked out this green color for his room. While it did match his rug nicely it did not match his pirate quilt.
Luckily (and also kind of sad) within about 6 months he stopped loving pirates so much and he started to love everything army. So, I went out in search of some camo prints and made him a new quilt!

Photobucket
before

Photobucket
after

Photobucket
He loves his new bedding and it looks much better with his paint color.

Photobucket

His room screams boy which is good for him, living in this housefull of pink and babydolls and ruffles.
I just hope he continues to like it for at least a few more years!

1 comments:

Diane said...

Chloe was in a pirate phase a few years ago...I have to admit, I was a Jack Sparrow fan meeself. It is always sad when they grow out of a phase but his new army phase is really fun. I love the mixture of camo prints on his bedding, it looks great....and all boy!