Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nick's Birthday Week!

Last Sunday we had friends and family over for desert to celebrate Nick's birthday.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nick requested Lemon Merangue Pie and Carrot Cake, I also made chocolate cupcakes and strawberry pizza.
(I should have done a better job ironing my table cloth!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nick had a meeting the evening of his actual birthday so we had our own little celebration for him at home on the day before. We hid his presents again this year and we sang "row, row, row your boat" quietly or really loud depending on how close he was to the presents. Next year I am going to video tape him looking for his presents. The kids get sooo excited about it!

Photobucket

(All of his gifts...a few from the night before)

Photobucket

this bag of candy definitely required his new BIG knife from Christian to open

Photobucket

and of course we just had to try out his new popcorn popper before going to bed!

Photobucket

The next morning was his real birthday, so I decided to actually make breakfast instead of just pouring cereal. But then he was off to a full day at work.
We had a small window of time together for dinner and I had a very busy day so we met up at Applebees in between work and his meetings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Aaron had to bring his homework, but here he is sneaking a peek at the television.
The next day Nick left for an overnight flight and didn't return until Thursday night, so his requested birthday dinner of Ham and scalloped potatoes had to wait until Friday. We usually have pizza, but no one was complaining.(I forgot to take pictures of this part)
Hope you had a great week Nick!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks like such fun birthday week. And he has good taste, the birthday dinner I usually request is scalloped potatoes :-)

Diane said...

I LOVE birthday weeks! One day just doesn't do it. Mine is May 4 and Steve's is May 10, so we always celebrate the entire week in between. All the food looks soooo good, and I know you are a good cook....I shouldn't be reading this at dinner time, I'm starving.