Friday, December 19, 2008

Princess Party!!!

I let Charlotte have her first friend party this year. She got to invite 4 little girls from preschool and four other friends (who also happen to be daughters of my friends!).
The energy level was just as high as the star wars party, but the noise level was much lower (thank goodness)
All of her little preschool friends were so excited about the party. The teachers even knew about it by the end of the week.
(You will have to excuse my fuzzy pictures.)

here we are anxiously awaiting our guests

First on the agenda:
princess necklaces
I thought the girls would string a few beads and then want to play, but almost all of them completely filled their necklace with beads.


I had Ali and Desi dress up as a princess ans fairy to add to the fun.


Charlotte wanted to play pin the wand on the princess, but was easily swayed when she saw this cute donkey with shoes on. (Good thing too, it was only 88 cents!)



We found a really cute Tinkerbell pinata with strings to pull instead of hitting it with a bat. Rain was in the forecast and I didn't think princesses should be swinging bats anyway! Every girl got a chance to pull a string off and Charlotte was the lucky one to pull the winning string....Couldn't have planned it more perfectly.






For lunch Charlotte wanted sandwiches and chips so we made star shaped peanut butter and jelly and served them with ruffles (Charlotte's favorite) and pink lemonade


Then for dessert....pink cupcakes with pink frosting and sprinkles! What else?

Charlotte was loaded up with Barbie's and princesses this year. Just what she wanted!

The girls all had tons of fun being royalty for the day and I only spent $50!
What could be better than that?

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

These pictures are absolutely adorable! I love the fuzzy factor.

And I especially love the pictures with Ali and Desi dressed up too... I bet they had so much fun!

Marci said...

How fun!!! I'll email you the link about putting up side by side pictures when we get back home...I have it saved in my favorites.

Jessica Havican said...

What a grand idea Michelle! I'm totally going to do this for my future girls. Everyone looks like they had so much fun!!

Brittany said...

I love that Ali and Desi joined in and I love the Tinkerbell Pinata! This looks like it was a big success!