Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hat Creek 2010 - day 4

On Wednesday we tie-dyed shirts and went to the subway cave. My kids were most excited about going to the cave and had been talking about it all week.

Photobucket

Above was our kitchen for the week and below Sarah and Bailey kept my girls entertained while waiting for breakfast.

Photobucket

After breakfast we started our shirts. First we soaked the clothing in an ash solution,

Photobucket

then we tied them up with rubber bands

Photobucket

then finally, we got to dye!

Photobucket

The shirts had to sit for a few hours so we left them and went to explore the cave.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Above and below are the same shot with and with out the flash. It is completely dark underground except for flashlights and the ground is really "bumpy" as my kids would say. It is hard to walk without tripping for little kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

group shots, Emma and I took turns taking the picture so we could both be in one. I think it's funny that we both centered the picture on the kids rather than the whole group.

Photobucket

Then we headed back for more swimming.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Each night a different family is in charge of dinner and every night dinner was delicious! We had Ham, Tri-tip, Pulled Pork sandwiches, Carnitas, Indian fry bread tacos, Spaghetti, Chicken... it didn't feel like we were camping when it came time to eat! On most nights my dad and I made dessert in the dutch oven and we even made french bread in the dutch oven!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner Nick and I went on a walk (down a street that I desperately want to buy a house on) and when we returned we fond everyone playing Wiffle Ball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love checking in every day and vicariously enjoying your camping trip. Caves give me the creeps and you all look waaaaay to good to be camping. I think you are secretly staying at the Hyatt, then driving to the campground for pictures.

Brittany said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I've noticed all food tastes better when you're outdoors camping but your meals sound especially delicious.