Sunday, October 16, 2011

My baby is 3?!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Those pictures were taken weeks apart, yet she still has a band aid in the same spot!)

Three years ago tonight, I was going to bed, trying to ignore my contractions so I could get some sleep.

Tonight I am trying to plan a last minute trip to Paris, hoping my baby won't remember that tomorrow is her birthday, and that we can celebrate next week without causing any permanent damage.

Nick was offered a great position working for the FAA a few weeks ago and he starts next Monday. This will be our last chance to cash in on the free flight benefits of working for an airline. We haven't worked all the kinks out, but if all goes according to plan (you know, the plan we came up with yesterday) we will be leaving for Paris tomorrow!

I will also be handing off my birthday girl to a friend and probably be feeling very guilty.

I guess I will have to make up for it by spoiling her rotten next week when we actually celebrate!

Happy Birthday Baby!!!

I love you to pieces...and I hope you forgive me!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I know you'll love Paris, how fun! This is the time of year Sara and I went and it was perfect. Just bring Lila home a cute beret or something and she'll never know :-)

Brittany said...

I guess my last post didn't work...but have fun in Paris! This is a perfect time of year to go (it's when Sara and I went). Just bring Lila back a cute beret and she'll forgive you :-)

Marci said...

She will :-)! Can't wait to hear about the trip!!!

Jessica Havican said...

Holy Mackerel! Three?!! I can't believe it! And so jealous you get to go to paris! i hope it all works out and you have the most romantic time of your life!