Wednesday, September 24, 2008

60th Anniversary

This past Saturday we celebrated my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. It really is quite amazing when you think about it. Not many people make it to that milestone.
We all got together at my Aunt and Uncle's house and enjoyed the finally cooling down weather. (Nick wasn't able to make it which was too bad, but the good news is that he was flying his first Charter flight!!) Here are some pictures to give you a glimpse into the evening.



All of the great-grand kids (except for Ella and Addie) kicked off the entertainment by singing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and an old primary song that I had never heard before. Even though my kids knew the words and they did great when we practiced just minutes before, they wouldn't open their mouths to sing. Good thing the other Freeman kids aren't so shy.


then we were privileged to hear fun stories and memories from friends and family all about the happy couple through out the years.


More music from my dad and uncles. Always a treat!



Nick in a little chair

Elsie eating her fifth piece of fudge

Happy 60th Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!!


4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Aw. Grandma and Grandpa are so cute.

I love the picture of your Dad holding Elsie.

Marci said...

What cute pictures - it was fun to see everyone :-)! Your girls' dresses were SO cute!

LoRen said...

hey i made a blog today :)

Brittany said...

These are such good pictures! I wish we could have gone too for the party and the concert. I'm so glad you blogged about it all! Oh and p.s. The Scarlet Pimpernel is getting a lot better, it took awhile to get into it for me, but I'm about half way through and excited to see what happens!