Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy 30th


Nick turned 30 today. When I met him he was 23. I was 19. I am so glad that I was privileged to know him through most of his 20's, it was definitely an adventure. Can't wait to see where his 30's take us. As a tribute to him on his birthday I present you with
30 fabulous things about Nick

1. He makes cute babies

2. He lets me sleep with 4 pillows

3. He makes up bed time stories for our kids

4. He looks sexy in his pilot uniform

5. He drives a bug

6. He says he is thankful for me when he prays

7. He is very, very strong

8. He is scared of spiders

9. He opens doors for me

10. He carries heavy things so I don't have to

11. Sometimes when he hasn't had enough sleep he wakes up laughing

12. He thinks I make better cookies than his mom and grandma (sorry guys!)

13. He has a great sense of direction in unfamiliar places.

14. He taught our kids all about the rotation of the sun, moon and earth, and they understood it.

15. Our kids think he is the smartest person on earth

16. They also think he is the coolest

17. He likes really really old books

18. There is nothing in the world he wouldn't do for his grandpa

19. He plays pirates with Aaron

20. He enjoys hard work

21. He loves to learn

22. He isn't scared to try something new

23. He is always prepared

24. He thinks ice cream and cookies should be a staple in the kitchen

25. Elsie has him wrapped around her finger

26. He has very high ambitions

27. He doesn't give up

28. He says that nothing is impossible, you just need to get creative

29. He likes to help people on the side of the road

30. Even though he is 30, I know that he will always be much younger at heart

3 comments:

Boydston Family said...

oh my gosh so OLD ha ha I can't believe he is 30 so young so fresh!! I need to test out those cookies let me be the judge!!! happy birthday Nick.

life at mono lake said...

that is just flippin beautiful. one pauls birthday, i will have to come up with over fifty things. if i remember. this will require time, thought and likely a coctail.
mona

life at mono lake said...

p.s.
happy birthday nick!!
mona, the relative you have never met. :)