Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

I'm pretty sure that I will never be up to date on this blog.

On Veterans day this year we took full advantage of our day off from school! First, the kids spent the night at Grandpa Don's house! Lots of fun for them and for us!! Then the next morning I picked them up and we headed over to play with Stephanie and Jordan's kids. We played there until after lunch, when we all went to visit Grandpa Freeman's grave. There we were joined by lots more family. Ralph made the cookies and Sara brought a case of diet pepsi to honor Grandpa! It was a beautiful day.

Photobucket

All of the cute great-grandkids! (minus the texans of course)

Photobucket

Even Wyatt was there

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the cemetary we went to the Fresno State farm to see the animals.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I obviously don't expose my kids to animals enough. All the other kids were happy to touch the baby cows, but mine kept a nice safe distance!

Photobucket

After the farm we invited Stephanie's kids to spend the night! They had lots of fun eating pizza, watching Mulan (they went through a long voting process to decide on the movie), playing dress-up, and telling stories in the dark!
They all had a good time and they were all asleep by 9, which was fun for me!! In all honesty, it was loud, but lots of fun... and because I have no intentions of letting my kids spend the night at their friends houses (friends not family), I'd better get used to them having their friends over at ours right?

2 comments:

Marci said...

I love the picture of all the great-grandkids at Grandpa Freeman's grave. We don't even get the day off school here! And I am with you on the sleepovers :-)!

LaRee said...

It was a really nice day to visit the cemetery...you got some great pics of the kids!