Sunday, December 5, 2010

I was planning on bearing my testimony during sacrament meeting today, but instead was home with a sick baby. (I can still call my 2 year old a baby right?)

Yesterday my husband baptized my oldest and only boy, and through the power of the priesthood he gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There was a time when I wasn't sure if I would ever see that happen.

I feel very blessed and very happy.

It was one of the best moments of my life. Right up there with marriage and baby births.

I know with all my heart that Aaron made the right decision and I am so glad that he chose to follow our saviors example and be baptized.

I couldn't be more proud of the boy that he has grown to be.


__________


A few days ago Nick told me that I had lost my Christmas spirit.

He was right.

This year I just haven't been as excited about the Christmas season as I usually am.

The next day while driving Aaron to school I was listening to Christmas music and thinking about what Nick had said.

I said a little prayer that I would be able to find my excitement again.

The next song that came on the radio was a song about Christ (Oh Holy Night, I think) and as I listened to the words I was filled with joy for the season.

I realized that I hadn't put any thought into the reason we celebrate Christmas.

Yes, the presents and decorations and traditions are fun. But they are nothing without Christ.

Without Christ Christmas felt empty, but with him I felt just as excited as a child.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who answers my prayers and never gives up on me.

I am so grateful for our Savior who set the perfect example for as and who suffered and died for us so that we can return to our Father if we choose.

I know that he lives, I know that he loves me.

4 comments:

Marci said...

I loved this post and I'm so exited Aaron got baptised...I can't believe he is so big already!

Diane said...

I am so glad you didn't get to bear your testimony in Sacrament, because you might not have done it here. Then I would never have gotten to feel so uplifted and grateful. I need that these days...thanks.

Brittany said...

What a beautiful post. Your testimony combined with the Christmas Devotional from SLC help me center my focus where I need to. So happy for Aaron and your family :-)

Jessica Havican said...

It must be a wonderful thing to behold your own child making a righteous decision. What a gift! I am glad you found the Christmas Spirit again!