Friday, December 3, 2010

Charlotte's 6th Birthday!

Charlotte turned 6 on a Friday this year so she had to go to school which she wasn't too thrilled about! But Aaron had to go to church on his birthday so she found comfort in that! She got this poofy blue skirt from Auntie Charity at Thanksgiving and had been saving it to wear to school on her birthday. She had it on before she even came out of her room!

Photobucket

Again we mostly recorded the present hunt, and the opening of the presents but I did snap two blurry shots.

Photobucket

Charlotte requested ebelskiver (Danish filled pancakes) and bacon and eggs with OJ for breakfast, so again we had to get up early... but it was worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After breakfast we took Aaron to school, then we went to find a treat to share with her class and to let her pick out a lunch to take to school. We took mini-cupcakes to share with Aaron's class on Monday and she thought they were too cute. I wasn't surprised when she picked them as well. For lunch, she had been going over her options for weeks. She thought it might be fun to take a happy-meal, a lunchable, or eat hot lunch from the cafeteria. (Three things I rarely let them eat!) I thought for sure she would pick McDonald's, but while we were at the grocery store picking up the cupcakes she spotted a lunchable with a drink and a dessert and she chose that. I think if I had reminded her she would have still chosen the happy meal, but since the lunchable was my favorite of the three, I didn't!

We dropped her off at school and then came back at recess with the cupcakes. We stayed and played too. Elsie was in heaven! (Lila was sick and on my shoulder the whole time)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later that day there was a little winter craft/musical showcase night at their school. I suspected it would be pretty lame,and it was, but Charlotte really wanted to go, so we did. They were selling food and Charlotte wanted to eat there. We all ate nachos and hot chocolate for dinner. It also happened to be the night when they close the roads on Christmas tree lane so you can walk down the street. We left the school and headed strait over there, but I think that I'll make that a post of it's own.

Photobucket

0 comments: