Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Buddy


We recently cleaned off our balcony and the kids have been playing, painting, and having tea-parties out there. With their new found play place has come more open doors, which has lead to flies in our house.

A few days ago I heard them talking to "Buddy" and thought it must be an imaginary dog. Then later at dinner when I shooed away a fly I got yelled at for trying to hurt their pet Buddy. Even Elsie was in on it.

The next night Nick was trying to kill a Buddy and we almost had tears. Nick, having just learned of their new pet looked at me in disbelief and simply said "Are you serious?"

When I explained that there were many more than one Buddy and that there would never be a shortage of flies, all fears were calmed and killing Buddy became a sport in our house.

Today after preschool Charlotte ran into my room yelling "I killed a Buddy!" Trying to show some excitement for her but still being a little disgusted. I said "Good job! now go wash your hands."

From the bathroom, while washing her hands I heard "I did it! I did it! Daddy will be so proud of me. I knew I could kill a fly!"

...and quite honestly, I am impressed!

8 comments:

Boydston Family said...

i am very impressed, i have a hard time killing those things. The pic below of charlotte holdiong the baby, I thought she was holding a doll. Cute pics all smiling that is great

Marci said...

I'm VERY impressed...with her bare hands too!!!

LoRen said...

if memory serves me right, there was an episode of malcolm in the middle where dewey had a pet fly named buddy. does that sound familliar?? maybe i'm making it up.

LoRen said...

ok, i just ran a google search and dewey did have a pet fly that everyone tried to kill, but his name was tony :)

aLi said...

I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee. won't my mommy be so proud of me!

Grama Peechee said...

Well Michele, remembering how you were terrified of flies at that age it is impressive. Oh I just love these kids!

Marci said...

Michele, How did you get Nick to start reading them?! I have been working on Mike for awhile now with no luck :(!

Jessica Havican said...

Your kids are hysterical! I hope my kids are half as cute as yours. :-)