Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Snow White, Luke Skywalker and a flower

I started making this costume for Charlotte in June knowing that i would either have a newborn, be very pregnant, or be in labor when Halloween rolled around. I made the top of the dress before we went camping, I realized that I wanted to add tulle to the skirt and needed to go back to the fabric store before I could finish it. I didn't get to it before we left. After we returned home and I got my house back in order, bending over to cut the fabric was no longer an option for me. And so it sat for a couple of months. After school started I took everything to my mom's house and she cut out the skirt and finished it up for me. Thanks Mom!

Then we had to accessorise of course!

I remembered why it's not a good idea to wait till the last minute with this one. After a soccer game, on the way to our ward party, we spent $45 on this Jedi costume and light saber that was a size too big and basically made out of plastic. He loves it though. He says that he wants to be a Jedi next year, and the next year, and the next year, so maybe it was a good investment.

This costume cost me all of $1. I found it at Target last spring. I threw it together with Charlotte's Tinkerbell skirt for leaves and she was finished.










They had fun and got lots of candy. Success!!

2 comments:

The Brown Team said...

wow- I just went back to your July 14th post to catch up on all I have missed with your incredible Family. Your an amazing blogger! I LOVED all the fun pics. Your family is truly darling, your such a do it all mom. I honestly love having you as a close friend. it is now almost 11 and I finally updated my blog so now I'm headed to bed. love ya tons kelli

life at mono lake said...

very cute. i started to get sick on halloween night, but normally i take pics of all the kids who come to the door. well, actually, i force them to pose for the camera or no candy.. i regret not having any cute pics to post. at least these are your real children. mine are all imaginary.. :)