Monday, August 17, 2009

bye bye baby


The best part of attending the neighborhood school is that the school is literally in our neighborhood! Only two blocks away! I plan on walking Aaron to school every morning (weather permitting of course!). We set out on foot for his first day of school to start the year off right.

but of course not before posing for some pictures!

Photobucket
(notice all the fallen peaches? I've been making fruit leather all day!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

off we go

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

His teacher, Mrs. Lee, seems very nice (just like I thought from her picture!) Aaron really likes her.

Photobucket

She took him to go get in line with the other kids and we said good bye.

Photobucket

but then I had to go see where they were going of course, so I snapped a few more shots and then said good-bye again before we headed back home.

Photobucket

It was weird to only have 3 kids for the majority of the day. I kept looking at the clock and wondering what Aaron might be presently doing.
It was however, very nice to not be on time restraints or to have to wait at the school for an hour between Charlotte and Aaron's dismissal times.
The girls and I had a lot of fun with all our time. We practiced the Hannah Montana "Hoedown Throwdown" dance, colored cut and pasted, and used our new easy bake oven! (thanks Grandma Jodi!) Tomorrow we have plans to go to the farmers market!
I think I can get used to this schedule.

7 comments:

Jessica Havican said...

is that Jefferson??? It looks like it could be. I went to elementary school there! What grade is Aaron in now? 2nd?

Anonymous said...

Aaron looks so happy to go to school!
I love the picture of all your kids....soooo cute!

Aunt Tree

Erica said...

That is so great that you can walk him to school! You are such a good mom.

LaRee said...

Glad Aaron likes his new teacher...really cute pics!

michele cabiness said...

No, not Jefferson. It's Thomas, and Aaron is in first grade!I guess I left those details out:)

Jessica Havican said...

Oh yes, Thomas! I played soccer there many times in elementary school. They have similar colors as Jefferson.

LoRen said...

all of your kids are adorable in these pictures, but i'm compelled to point out how darling elsie's hair looks!