Friday, August 14, 2009

nearing the end

today is the last friday of summer vacation.

Photobucket

it was a good one........ filled with much relaxing, unpacking (finally done), swimming, visiting loved ones and loved places.

in three days aaron will be starting a new grade at a new school. i've gone by four times to try to talk to his teacher with no luck. The office staff is probably already warning the teacher about me.

we didn't get into our school of choice. we just moved too late in the year and the school was full. september 1st i will be going to the transfer office to put my request in for next year.

i am very excited however to be so close to aaron's school. i'm definitely hoping that the school (or rather the students attending and their parents) surprises me and i feel good about sending all our kids there through 6th grade.

we shall see.

aaron was hoping that his teacher was really pretty. after seeing her picture in the office he was disappointed.

i wasn't though. She looked like a kind and warm, yet strict teacher. much better than the pictures of all the other 5 (yes there are 6) first grade teachers.

again, we shall see.

i'm really trying to be optimistic and find all of the good this school has to offer.

6 hours he will be spending there.... 5 days a week.

i can feel the tears welling up already.

4 comments:

Marci said...

I still don't understand the CA school thing :-), but I'm sure he'll have a good year! We just got Ella's info in the mail for kindergarten and they go ALL day here! I'm so excited for her, but so nervous too. Too bad we don't live closer we could console each other the first day :-).

LaRee said...

How exciting for Aaron starting the 1st grade...he seems mature for his age, I'm sure he'll do well.

Anonymous said...

I had the same feeling when your cousin Jon started school 20 years ago. My advice is to volunteer in his classroom once a week. The teacher will be very appreciative and you will be able to get a good sense of what the school is like behind the scenes. Eventually Jon moved to another school but we had a good experience at that old one for a few years.
-Aunt Renee

Erica said...

On my first day of 1st grade(Catholic school), the teacher said, "If you ever forget your pencil, I will prick your finger and you will have to write with your blood for the day." Of course no one ever forgot their pencil, but I peed my pants in that class because I was so scared of her. Aunt Renee's advice sounds good. You are a good Mom, and will have a good intuition about the situation. p.s. I would love to see the Robbins pictures, and choose some for you to email to me. Thank you so much for offering that.