Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"this is your captain speaking...."

Back in 2007, when Nick had just become a pilot, he was trying to get a specific number of hours in a specific type of airplane so that he could fly with students in it. The school was desperate for instructors at the time and really needed Nick to be able to teach in this plane so his boss told him to take the plane and get the hours.

This specific plane just so happened to seat 6 passengers. And it just so happened that he needed just about the same amount of flight time as it takes to get to Monterey and back.

These circumstances made for the best date night ever.

We invited our friends the Creeks and Schwendimens and even though it was last minute we all managed to find sitters.

Well in all the last minute planning for our flight I forgot our camera. We did eventually get pictures from Preston and Rachel because I wanted them for our 2007 blurb book but I just remembered that I never shared them on my blog. Even though it was 2 years ago it was so much fun that I want to post them anyway.

Photobucket

anxiously awaiting departure

Photobucket

take-off!!!!!

Photobucket

Nick, having made this trip many times with students, knew all the best places to eat. The Monterey Jet Center provided a rental car and we were on our way to some fine dining.

Photobucket

Photobucket

(I'm missing my long hair and bangs)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The food was delicious. Probably expensive, I can't remember, but I do remember how good it was. Definitely worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Because it was so last minute and we left at night we didn't have any time to play around after we ate. We had to head right back to the airport before they closed and we were stuck there overnight. (would that really have been a bad thing?)

Photobucket

Captain Nick, making sure our flight home would be nice and safe

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rachel and Preston Schwendimen

Photobucket

Dave and Shalee Creek

Photobucket

Photobucket

SO MUCH FUN! I forgot how much fun it was until I looked back through these pictures. The flight won't be free next time, but what do you say guys. Are you ready to go again?

Photobucket
a little sleepy on our way home

5 comments:

Boydston Family said...

that is awesome. looks like a lot of fun.

ps ella is doing the preschool at mountain view elementary.

Rachel said...

Heck yes I'm ready. Give a bit to save up and we shall go!

Megan said...

That looks so fun! Way to go Nick!!
Hey, if you guys ever fly to Utah come visit us! :)

shalee said...

most definitely YES!! I am so ready for another date, but lets make it a weekend instead of a night.

Brittany said...

How fun! Our husbands so need to meet each other :)