Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Catalina Island

Nick and I were up way before our friends watching the sunrise, so we took the ferry to the island by ourselves.
This was by far my favorite day on the trip. Everything about it. I loved watching the sunrise, spending the morning alone with Nick and exploring Catalina before our friends met up with us. Then we had so much fun all together running (or biking) around with everyone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Once on land, first things first..................
CALL THE KIDDOS!!!
My dad took Aaron and Desi took Lila. I'm sure Ali did her fair share of babysitting too! My good friend from high school, Kandice (who had kids the same ages as all my girls) took Charlotte and Elsie. Unfortunatly Elsie got sick and was shuffled between her house and my dad's.We were having so much fun and I knew that my kids were all in loving hands so I wasn't worried about them too much, but being able to talk to them helped me enjoy the day even more.

Photobucket
........then we were off to see Catalina

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nick said he took this picture hoping to catch a picture if I fell. Isn't he sweet.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We finally met up with everyone and rented tandem bikes

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(goofy pictures on a bridge)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(more goofy pictures)

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was pretty chilly when we weren't riding the bikes up hill. Rachel and I were trying to soak up some sun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
the perfect lunch

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nick and Dave drew quite a crowd trying to bunny hop the tandem. A couple of people even stopped to take pictures of them.

Photobucket
Nick finally got it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and back to the ship.
We all needed to rest and get ready for Ensenada the next day.

5 comments:

LaRee said...

You took some great photos!...funny tandem hopping!

Marci said...

So many great pictures...and it looks like SUCH a great time :-)!!!

Diane said...

LOVE IT! I have never been to Catalina and I had no idea it is so pretty! Love the back view of you guys with hands in each others pockets and the tandem hop is amazing.

The Cooking Schaack said...

This was so fun to look at !!! You have the most beautiful family Serioulsy you all should model :} You also are the best Mom ever you guys are always doing really fun things. Keep posting cause I love reading :}

Jessica Havican said...

How fun!!! And the sunrise pictures are beautiful.