Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Elsie's 3rd Birthday

On December 29th Elsie turned 3!!!

Photobucket

After all the birthdays and holidays I didn't have my act together enough to get cards for her, so we made them after she went to bed the night before. I liked them much better than the store bought ones and we had a lot of fun making them together. This may become a new tradition too.

Photobucket

(Charlotte's card for donuts)
I thought she might feel left out if she didn't get donuts too, but I was so burnt out on them. Next year we are doing something different.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She was way too impatient to wait to open her presents until her party later that day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This game from Auntie Charity was a big hit, the little boy is Jonathan, my cousin's son, who I have started watching everyday.

Aaron made her a card for going to the park, but it was overcast, cold and wet from rain the night before, so we went to see "Where The Wild Things Are" instead. It was a cute movie, but 5 kids in a movie theater = not so much fun for adults.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next we had to get ready for her party and make a cake! Pink with pink sprinkles of course!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm three!!!!

Photobucket

Darn trick candles...........

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elsie loved her birthday and all the special treatment. Especially after watching everyone else enjoy their day and having to be the last one to celebrate her birthday.

The next morning I was awoken to "Mommy! Charlotte said it's not my birfday anymore!!" said through tears. Poor baby.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Aw. Poor thing! Looks like she had a great day though...

Marci said...

She is SO cute! I didn't realize she and Addie are so close in age...exactly 1 month...Addie turns 3 Jan 29th. I really wish we lived closer! Are you sure you don't want to move to Houston :-)?!