Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I'm going to fast forward to Christmas and attempt to get caught up this weekend.
The day before Christmas Eve Nick's family came to town. We had a great time with them, but I don't know where my camera was. When I went looking for pictures to post there weren't any.

We spent Christmas Eve at my Dad's.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

About every 3 minutes Charlotte would come up to me and ask "When will it be time to open presents?" Everytime I would start to get irritated, I would have flashbacks of Christmas eve's past, running around Grandma Jackie's house with all my cousins asking the same exact question.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I finally gave in and promised that if they would pose in front of the tree I would let them open the one present that I had brought for each of them.

Can you see the eagerness in their eyes?

Photobucket
(here is Charlotte's "i'm disappointed that this isn't a toy, but I know that I need to be polite" face)

After they all changed into their new handmade pajamas they were lucky enough to have some more to open!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My dad gave us a family gift, a chiminea along with marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers, and handmade marshmallow roasting sticks! Each item was individually wrapped and Elsie was the lucky one to open these! Her absolute favorite!! She loves them so much that before I realized the theme of the gift, I thought they had just picked them out as her present and thought it was a great idea.

Photobucket
I love how their pajamas turned out. Originally I planned on making them look more old fashioned, all white, with red ric-rac for trim. But when I went to buy the fabric all of their printed flannel was 50% off, so I changed my plan. My brother said they looked like they needed maracas. (I did not make Aaron's pajamas)

Photobucket
Then it was time to hurry home before Santa came.

Photobucket
My thoughtful little Charlotte wrote this letter to Santa all by herself.
(Santa, bring one (piece of candy) for Mrs. Clause. from Charlotte)

2 comments:

Erica said...

What a sweet note to Santa, and Elsie is so cute with her marshmellows.

Diane said...

love the jammies.