Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

Photobucket

Santa did not disappoint this year!

Aaron asked for a Star Wars video game, but Santa must have known that Mom and Dad would not be allowing him to play video games very often............. he brought a leapster with 2 Star Wars games (math and reading) instead. Aaron was just as happy, if not more so.

Charlotte wanted art supplies, and Santa delivered!!

Photobucket

Elsie wanted a crawling baby, but that baby kept crawling away and was lost for part of the day. Grandpa Don finally found her in the pantry............a couple of shelves up........(Chucky?)

Lila didn't know what she wanted, so Santa brought her the purple toy that is behind Elsie. She loves it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later in the day more family came over for turkey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Desi and Ali gave my dad a chocolate fountain for Christmas, which we just HAD to try out. (They are both wearing scarves I made for them)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I waited too long to try to get a picture of my kids by the tree. Can you see the older three posing behind Lila?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Someone got bathtub crayons and they all begged to take a bath with them together. (and yes, the tile on our bathroom is still pink)

Photobucket

After the bath, we got nice and cozy in our new robes and watched Daddy act out the story of Christmas with a nativity scene while I read from the Bible. It was fun (funny), and it definitely kept the kids attention. It just may become a new tradition!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Marci said...

I love Elsie's bed head in the background of the picture from Christmas morning :-). Nick is a good sport to act out the nativity by himself too...I don't think I could get Mike to go for it. I love all the kids' handmade clothes!!!

Erica said...

I love all the clothes you make! The bathtub picture is priceless.

Diane said...

those gold dresses are gorgeous, did you make those!?! the dinner and and chocolate fountain look good. reading blogs is like grocery shopping...never do it when you are hungry

michele cabiness said...

I did not make the dresses, I had a gold dress in mind to make, but when I saw these at Target for under 20, I just bought them instead!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us your Christmas day pics. Living in Texas I often wonder what my family in Fresno is doing, and now I know what they did on Christmas day.

From the pic of Don "carving" the turkey it looks like he is as "skilled" as me. I struggle with the question every time we have turkey. Do we put the beautiful fully cooked bird on the table or do I just shred it in the kitchen and bring the meat to the table.

I loved the group shot.