Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October 17 2008

Our pretty little Lila was born last Friday at 12:17pm. Two weeks before her due date. (thank goodness) She weighed 6lb 14oz and was 20.5 in long. Absolutely perfect.
After visiting the hospital earlier that week I tried not to be too upset about it, but I definitely wasn't just going to sit around and wait. The day I was released from the hospital (the first time) I walked the mall with my mom and sister. Then the next day my mom came over and we walked the trail to railroad park (which I think is about 1 mile each way) My contractions never really stopped all week but I just tried to ignore them as long as I could. That night my dad invited us out to Chinese food and by then the contractions were starting to be more painful, but only every 15-20 minutes. Then around midnight they hurt bad enough to wake me up. I would fall back asleep between them until around 4am when they were every10 minutes. I waited as long as I could, then called my mom and sisters over and we checked in around 6 am. This time they kept me (for real) and she was born 6 hours later.

Here I am minutes before she was born. (Just kidding, this is actually the first visit, the one where those fake contractions were toying with my emotions)


This is how the kids and Ali kept themselves entertained waiting for their new sister. They didn't wait too long, by the time they got there she was practically here.


When the kids came into the room to see Lila their reactions were pretty funny. Aaron loved her but was scared to hold her until we were at home so he could sit on the couch and make sure to not drop her. Charlotte couldn't get enough of her and wanted to pick her up and take her home right away. Elsie was scared of her. I think she thought she was a wild animal or something. She wouldn't even come near me if Lila was on the bed. Aaron and Elsie warmed up and they both finally did hold her.

Poor Nick, we all had a long week.
Now here is a small selection of the hundreds of pictures we took.











4 comments:

lolomae said...

love the pictures of everyone, especially the ones of Lila.

Marci said...

She is so adorable and looks so peaceful in the pictures. I especially love the one of Elsie giving her a kiss! And you look so cute in the first picture!

Erica said...

Your family is getting more adorable every year. I would love to see you all at Christmas. Congratulations again mamma!

life at mono lake said...

michele these are wonderful pics.
give Lila a kiss for me..
aunt mona