Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You would think...

You would think that after having three babies I might know something about going into labor. But apparently I am just as clueless as the first timers. As Nick said, I went to the hospital last night. I was dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced. I was also having contractions every 5 minutes. After walking the halls for an hour I was at 3 cm and 70% effaced. They admitted me and said the baby was coming that night! I was having contractions all night between 2-5 minutes. At 6am I had dilated to 5 cm and was 75% effaced. It was going, slow but steady. I was finally able to fall asleep for about an hour and when I woke up I realized that my contractions had slowed down. They called the doctor on call and checked me again and I was back down to only 3 cm but had gone to 80%. The doctor decided to send me home. I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed. How do you go from 5cm to 3cm? I am still having contractions but I'm not timing them. I'll wait until they hurt so bad that I cry. I definitely don't want any more false alarms.

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh no, Michele! I'm so sorry :( honestly, I have NO idea what you're going through, but I can promise you it doesn't sound fun. Little baby cabiness will be here soon, and I'm pretty sure she will be worth the wait ;)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh you poor thing! That is such a bummer and I am so frustrating having them tell you the baby was coming that night. Hang in there, I am sure she'll be here any day! Hopefully the next time you blog - it will be from Nick, officially telling us baby has arrived! ;)

life at mono lake said...

i just think she wants to stay in there awhile. maybe she wanted you to show her the doors before she got good and ready. i bet the kids got excited though. i dont know why they call it false labor. nothing about your laboring sounds false to me. hang tough tiger.
aunt mona

Marci said...

I've never heard of that happening and I'm sure you were so ready to just meet your little baby! Hopefully today :-)!

Erica said...

Uggggh! I hope when the real deal comes it is quick. Not having the baby on the way to the hospital quick. But within an hour of being at the hospital quick. Good luck!!!!!!!

Diane said...

We were so excited to have a new little Cabiness in the Family. That must have been verrrry frustrating and disappointing for you guys. Nick gets props for blogging in your absence...nice job!

Boydston Family said...

CRAZY!!! How do you degress in labor??? Hopefully this baby comes soon. Good Luck